Bird out of the Cage

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Welcome to the Neighborhood.

As for the plane ride...despite the seemingly grim seating situation allow me to define awesome in the best sitting middle-row-plane-ride-way I can. K so, from the first glance at her impending neighbors, all we had to do was look at each other to know that we both knew Janise wouldn’t be sitting in her assigned seat. Our options: 1. Sit next to each other in the middle of row 50’s center section, 2. Move up a couple rows where there’s just a lady…uh…j/k some old dude totally swiped our spot, option killed, 3. Move up a couple rows and sit in aisle seat one in front of the other thus providing more leg room (sorta) and maybe more comfort. We decided and sat in the middle where my seat was, then decided to move and created a rucuss, and finally returned to my assigned seat…sitting next to a kinda cute English guy and Janise next to a beautiful young lady from Cameroon vs. the grumpy old gentleman had nothing to do with it I assure you :). It just seemed like the company would be much more enjoyable and interesting. That turned out to be an excellent decision.


So here's the Cast:

Kit Christopher Catesby: 24, about 5’9’’, working actor (as opposed to an out of work one), curly dark brown hair falling in his face (same color as me), dark brown eyes and a light complexion (hmmm also like mine...just realizing this), born and raised in London (he's actually totally obsessed, like couldn't help but turn to me like every 10 min. and tell me another place that we "have to visit!"...like it got to the point that I just pulled out my hot pink large post-it pad and a pen and handed it to him for his keeping until the end of the flight, like really really...and by the end I had 3 or 4 WHOLE pages with diagrams, pictures, maps, and a couple really long lists of "how to do London the right way"--I even got him to sign one of his drawings for me, you know, in case his budding acting career doesn't work out and he decides to go with sketching).



His life story: London, acted in a bunch of plays, was picked up by and agent who had an agent from LA and NYC fly out to see him, they picked him up too, he's been in LA and NYC for the past like 2 weeks auditioning and got the lead in a Cinemark American made film, says he does a pretty good American English accent (but he wouldn't do it for me), he was heading back to London to work for the next 4 weeks with his accent coach and then he flys to Toronto, Canada to film for 10 weeks and be the movie star he's meant to be...yeah, something like that. Gooood luck with that one friend. Don't worry he tried to get me to let him take us for a pint or to some real old cave wine bar place...did I mention I don't drink??? I must have forgotten that part given one of the lists was pretty much: this or that club-it has a smashing good bar!, this resturuant-the drinks are brilliant!, this little alley way-I particularly fancy their pub...Maybe he misread my random eruptions of laughter, that probably woke everyone around me sad day, sorry about that, while I was watching Morning Glory (which BTW if any of you haven't seen that yet...ummm you probably should get on that...and if any of you think I'm kinda like that girl, well, don't tell me, k?) as being such a light weight that I could get drunk by sitting next to a couple/few drinks. People have always told me they think I would be a hysterical drinker...hmm don't know how to take that but I think he may have agreed.

In the end, I have his digits, FB, and email if any of you ladies are interested or are planning on being in London...well, ever in the future. He seems to be pretty bored most of the time...so much for being a "working" actor.

Joyce Tank's (and yes, the apostrophy was intentional, she wrote it like that): She's one of those gorgeous African women that looks much older in a totally positive way than she really is. Like I really really thought that she was AT LEAST my age (which if you don't know it too bad I won't be disclosing here and you all can keep thinking I'm 21). She's actually is 21. She actually came to the counter in LA right next to us and both Janise and I noticed because she was way too cute to be getting on a 10 hr. flight AND she may have been with one of the my GORGEOUS dark chocolate man I've ever seen, like really really. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've yet to grow out of that one :) He was even wearing a matching pink designer shirt which matched her, her hat, her bag, and her suitcase...don't know if that was on purpose, don't know if that's my ideal, but he was still totally smokin' :) But this is about Joyce not hot LA man.



She is from Camaroon, Africa, pretty sure from a fairly affluent family (she talked all about all her trips to LA and NYC, you know just for kicks and giggles), she is going to University in London, she's an aspiring actress (don't know if she's actually doing anything about), she wanted to go shopping and go to the Grammy's so she bought a flight and ditched school for 4 days, pretty much a lot of the flight was about her designer dress which sounds like it was totally to die for, her black sillettos that her mom gave her, and...yeah that's pretty much it. Super nice and wanted to hang out but we didn't end up FBing her in time.

So, really we noticed her when checking in because she happened to be accompained by most likely one of the most GOREGOUS dark chocolate gentleman I've ever seen...yup, still haven't grown out of that one. He actually even matched her. Pink designer button up, and she had her pink purse and hot pink suitcase, etc. Wow...don't know if that's really my style but it he totally rocked it! We think that's who she must have gone to the Grammy's with.

oh, one of the highlight laughs of our dazzling trip...
Me: lean over to Kit, "Ummm, have you noticed our friend in front?"

(that of course being a retoricle question, he'd been a significant part of our trip by that point already and we couldn't have been flying for much more than an hour by that point. Stand up, sit down, lean forward, recline back, violently moving whatever he did. He had recently decided that my lap needed a little somethin somethin so he jerk his seat back in just a way, knocking Kit's wine bottle right onto it. Luckily, Kit had just replaced the cap snugly so no harm done. He was our favorite.)

Kit: leaned over to catch my glance which was of course the man sucking/chewing/nawing on a stoggie as though he knew if he could just latch the right way milk would come a flowin', that or maybe if he kept trying it would just light itself right up. "uh, did anyone tell him how long this flight is?"

We all had a good laugh and despite a few other awesome choices of his, including reaching his hand back over his head and placing his hand strategically across Kit's screen, the remainder of the flight was just as enjoyable.

Cheerio!!

oh and can I just say "I Heart the Brits!" Immigration/customs/etc. probably only took like 10 min. and there wasn't anyone at the second counter so we strolled right in, oranges, bananas and all. Thanks Mummy!!

27 comments:

  1. ohhh gees it sounds like you are already having a blast, and I am totally with you and loving the brits! How long will you be there??? and WHY am I not with you!!! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know you're still cam a bazillion miles away. Let us know all the sights and things you are see and doing. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!!!
    I just discover you!
    I'll go to London in the next months, do u recommend me some places??

    Or should I contact with your friend?!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kit Harington aka Jon Snow from Game of Thrones on HBO. I'll have his number if you don't want it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, so lucky you are :-)
    Me and The Snake Queen are big fans of him! Would you be so kind and send us the stuff he wrote? :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just incredibly curious to know how you feel he actually "MADE IT" and you how do you feel after knowning he is one of the hottest guys on tv and one of the hottest guys in the whole world LOL ok I may be exaggerating a little but he is HANDSOME. I would be so happy if you let me know his e-mail and facebook hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh I am soo envying right now... BUT am damn Happy for you! You did good on a short flight and made friends that is AWESOME! You know Christoper/Kit won't be traveling economy now right? If its okay could you post the places that he suggested you should go? Not the winebar of course cos I wanna avoid stalking him. Just the interesting places in London. For now among my fave place in the city is V&A Archives cos I get to see ALL the plays I've not seen on video! I LOVE THAT OLD PLACE! Thanks for sharing - it made my day cos I love Jon Snow and am looking forward to hearing his American accent as Vincent in Silent Hill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well he now has millions of fangirls. Lord Jon Snow, the Bastard as it were.
    He certainly can't be bored anymore XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeeeeeah "working actor"... pssssh

    Just one of the leads on an HBO show based off of a bestselling fantasy series written by "the American Tolkien" GRR Martin, that was nominated for 13 Emmys, and costarring with Oscar nominated actor Sean Bean... no biggie. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're super lucky, lol. There are many girls out there who would have loved to be you on that day. :P Me included, I'm not gonna lie.

    I've always wanted to just go on a trip to London, England and just hang around and meet interesting people. Maybe one day... :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're such a lucky girl! =)
    Thanks for sharing that story with us! It's really cool to know that Kit is so nice!
    Would you mind sharing his London tips? It is one of my favorite cities in the world, even though I haven't been there YET (haha) and when I finally go there, it'll be a dream came true.
    So i'd love to get some tips from a local!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, you met Kit just like that! You're really lucky!
    I live in Portugal, and i'm planning to visit London soon. So now, i got curious about his tips!! It would be really cool if you could tell us some of the places he mentioned and others that you liked! =D
    Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just discovered your blog and let me say you have been soo lucky! I love Kit, I mean, he is so lovely and seems so kind! We are waiting your post with his London tips since i'm going there in few months XD
    (sorry for my bad english lol)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey "a girl". I know some people have asked you this already but I'm planning a trip to London and was wondering if you still had that list of pubs and all that you can share. I'm already doing some scouting but would love to know from a person that already lives there. If u don't mind to pass it along I would really appreciated.
    I can send you my email address if anything.
    Thank u and and your blog is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhhh
    You're so lucky!

    I'm planning to go to London soon. Can you send me the lists he gave to you?

    Thank uuuu

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I mean.. you basically met my love. ahaha!!! please, can I have his fb and e-mail?? *_* omg!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. little_sinner@hotmail.itMarch 4, 2012 at 3:09 PM

      ..oh and It would be awesome if you shared that list :) thank you!

      Delete
  19. Do you mind sharing that info? Not his digits but his e-mail or facebook? What are the best places to visit in London? I plan on backpacking soon. I will give you my e-mail, at least for your best advice. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh yea cn I get a email4Kit.I live in new Zealand my brotha lives in London, that wld b Cher lucky bitch!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey I just left a comment4u girl,I'm Nixx FM New Zealand 4got2leave my email so u cn pass on thoz phone number n email,lol but real tho! Nicolegalland26@Gmail.com or u cld jst give him mine'2mch u sooo lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi! I'm going to London soon and I'm just wondering if you got any good places to visit? perhaps from your friends list?
    Answer to my mail if you do! Emilia.waller01@gmail.com
    Love
    Emilia from Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! That sounds like an interesting story. I'm Russian and travelling to London soon, so would very much appreciate if you could send me the list of these amazing places as I wouldn't mind having a drink in a real cave lol. Dont want to bother you too much, only if you have this list already typed for the ladies above, could you please forward it to me at youknowho@yndex.ru. Any tips of cool places to go out in London from your experience would be much appreciated too. Thanks a lot.
    Masha

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well, I bet you won't post his number ((LOL)) but you could at least tell us the tips he gave you, the places to go in London, the cool pubs and all that.
    BTW, Kit was very sweet <3

    ReplyDelete